February 9, 2012

[photoaday] Day 9: Front Door

HEY!! This post is going to be super-duper lame. Don't say I didn't warn you.



Day 9. Front Door

I have never been so proud of anything in my life.

Not my 2 college degrees.
Not my wedding, which was soaked with my blood, sweat and tears.
Not having a job that provides me with food, water, shelter and safety.

No.

None of those things comes close to the pride I feel with this wreath. Everything I wanted it to look like came true.

Isn't that a great feeling? Imagining something in your mind, willing it to come true, and then not believing your eyes when it ends up better than you even imagined in the first place?

I like to think I am a crafty person. I am the daughter of an artist; a true to life artist. My dad made his living by painting, drawing, graphic designing and yeah, imagining. [Granted, most of his work was incredibly analytical and was mainly for science textbooks, but he is still beyond talented.] I can't draw to save my life. Painting by numbers is my cup of tea. Graphic design would go wonderfully with my advertising degree, but somehow my advisor and I managed to not sign me up for any Photoshop classes. Smart!

But... imagining. I can imagine beautiful things. Interior design, graphics, scrapbook pages, fashion, you name it. I feel like I have a good eye for what is pretty, and also for what could be amazing. But putting it to life, and making something out of my visions? That's damn near impossible.

This wreath turned out to be the best thing that's happened for my psyche in a while. I took an image on Pinterest and turned it into my own design. And it worked! It's beautiful. It's totally me. The colors, the flowers, the simplicity. It just screams my style.

So, you adoring fans you, I suggest you go get some pretty yarn. And a wreath. While you're at it, some funky felt. And your hot glue gun and some scissors to boot.

And stay tuned for my own DIY Wreath post.

And make your own.

You know you wanna.

Keep coming back every day this month to see my #photoaday grow!
(you can also follow me on Instagram (@kerrywoah), or on Webstagram here!)


No comments:

Post a Comment