But here are some other things that happened this week that made me happy:
- Seeing Ben Folds in concert with my lovely friend Kirstie. He performed a show with the St. Louis Symphony
last Sunday... it was incredible. Honestly the coolest thing I've seen.
He played an entire show by himself on the piano, with his entire set
scored to include an orchestra. He played "Gracie" and it was
phenomenal. That song seriously makes me tear up for no reason, and
hearing it on Sunday was magical. (lame!)
- Joey wrote me a love note (okay email... but it's 2011 come on!) since I've been so down about the puppy. I'm obviously not going to share the note with you, but I'll just let you know that I love him very, very, very much. On November 23rd we'll have been together 6 years, with 1.5 of those years as a married couple. That is CRAZY! :)
|A surprise date in Forest Park: Summer 2006|
- Kirstie, as mentioned above, and I are planning a sweet Ornament Party to kick off the holidays! If it turns out a success, I hope it can become a tradition and our Christmas trees will be forever filled with homemade tokens of love from friends. (gag!) Seriously, I'm gagging. But it was cute so I'm keeping it. It's fun since Pinterest is sooooo crazy explosively huge right now. Finding a cute DIY ornament for each of us to make will not be hard. The plan is for everyone to have enough supplies to make everyone at the party an ornament, and we'll all leave with one from everyone there. I think it's an awesome idea and definitely a great way to spend a Sunday while the boys (ahem, men) watch football.
I think I am going to try making the one below, although it might be a little extreme if we have more than 5 people show up ;)
source // Pinterest
- This is a little materialistic..... but I'm super excited about my new Bath and Body Works Christmas scented soaps. Fact: Christmas scents are the best.
- Finally.... HARRY POTTER PART 2, YA'LL!
I want to be a total nerd and watch all 8 movies back-to-back(-to-back), but then I stumbled across this little downer.... but... I still think I could do it! ;)
Whew! I think that was a pretty lengthy blog post for not having blogged in almost 2 weeks!
Until next time, nerds! <3