October 29, 2011

[Before] Mini Pumpkin Pies

Autumn is my favorite time of year.

I know that I've said that recently and I even made a list about it. But it's definitely worth repeating.

Autumn is really the best season, for real, especially in St. Louis. We can have 80 degree weather one day, and 40 degrees the next. I may complain about it sometimes because my allergies go absolutely nuts, but I love the unexpectedness of it all. I dread, dread, dread the winter months though. We get some of the craziest, coldest weather here in the winter and I don't like it! You think after 24 years of living in the same city, I'd be used to it. But no. I like the first snow of the season because it's fresh and new and exciting. And no matter when it happens, it reminds me of Christmas. But once the first BIG snow happens and we have mounds of black snow on every parking lot and street corner that doesn't melt until March, that is when I can't wait until summer. Then, it will be summer and the first day it's 90 degrees,  I'm cursing and say I can't wait until winter.

The moral of the story is that I am extremely unhappy, always.
Ha!

But what I was getting at really, is that autumn foods are the best. Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday because of the abundance of comfort food, both sweet and savory, and it never disappoints. I was allergic to dairy for 10 years growing up, so a lot of these foods I am recently tasting for the first time in a LONG time. It is so much fun to be able to eat pumpkin pie again! My mom also made the best stuffing ever and my sister-in-law has perfected it.... it actually rivals it, to be honest. I tend to overindulge on the stuffing. (and my overindulge I mean I try and eat all of it before anyone realizes it was ever on the table.) But really, can you eat too much of the very dish that defined your Thanksgiving's growing up? I don't think so.

Dang, I got off topic - AGAIN! Man. We are having a food day at work on Monday and I am going to try making these Mini Pumpkin Pies.


All I need for the recipe is pumpkin pie filling, refrigerated premade pie dough, a muffin tin and whipped cream. Sounds easy enough!

Also, I know that I just made meatloaf in muffin tins, but really, making things in mini is SO addicting! 

I'm going to get the ingredients tonight and make them tomorrow afternoon, so I will take pictures as I go. I am so excited to see how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment