December 3, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I may have mentioned this before, but our apartment this year is too small for a traditional tree. So we've had to improvise with a small tree on our bookshelf.


This tree has been in my family since I was a little girl. I remember we would have our big tree in the living room, and my mom would always let me and my sister decorate the little tree in the den. It was always one of my favorite parts of Christmas.


Hehe.

Look at my bowl cut. And my purple tights. And the terrible nineties decor.

This year though, I opted out of my mom's ornaments and tree topper and bought some funky colored baubles and garland from Target. It was hard for me to not use the trinkets from my childhood, but I can't help myself when it comes to miniature sized things.


I also kind of like that it looked like our old tree from last year. 
Compromise is the reason for the season! [that's probably not right.... oh well..]

1 comment:

  1. You could let me have the miniature ornaments if you're not using them? I can add them to my tree? Or get a mini tree. :) It makes me sad they're still being stored. I do love the new stuff though!

    ReplyDelete