June 18, 2012

Father's Day


Happy Father's Day! I hope everyone had a fantastic Sunday, spending the day with your Dad's, Granddad's, Step-Dad's, Dad-In-Law's..... basically any ole Dad's in your life.

It was a bittersweet day for me. The first holiday without a parent is always the hardest... and it just struck me how completely unfair it is that I have past experience. Oh well, such is life I guess!

Anyway, I spent the day with Joey's family and celebrated his Dad. We ate good food, I made cupcakes, and we went out for ice cream afterwards! I had a Turtle Sundae, yum.... ;)



It was an overall good day, and while I wasn't sad for it to end, it definitely wasn't as hard as I thought it might be. You know, based on past experience.

I miss you Dad!

 

 (and then there's this)

No comments:

Post a Comment