June 19, 2012

Early birthday with the fam!

Last night after work, my family and I got together for dinner and my (pre)birthday celebrations!

My sister made my Mom's chicken salad wraps, my sister-in-law made a yummy chocolate cake with vanilla icing and caramel drizzle (honestly to die for) and I'm sure my brother did something constructive with his day. ;)

It's kind of convenient having my only living immediate family living under one roof. And to boot, they are all pretty much rockstars. Especially my niece and nephew. They made me these amazing cards!

Their ages (7 & 3) are so much fun right now and I am so happy I get to watch them grow up. I walked in the door and my nephew flung himself at me saying Happy Birthday!! I honestly could not be any happier than when I am around them.

My little sister proved to know me well by her gift. A beautiful bird candle and this bracelet she found on Etsy! I think Etsy is one of my favorite websites right now. I would rather get a thought-out gift that was hand crafted over mass produced any day!


I just love that my new little blue bird candle matches perfectly with my owl one I bought before we moved. I just may be in the makes of a bird-themed candle collection! ;)

 

My brother and sister-in-law won my heart over with Panera gift cards. There is nothing on this planet that is better than Panera. Yum. Right now I am super into their Strawberry Poppyseed salad with chicken. Go get some, if you've never been. You won't be disappointed! And you'll love me more.

Also carbs.
Yay, carbs! (translation: boo, carbs!)


This is the best. Obviously it's from How I Met Your Mother, our collective favorite TV show. The best part about this shirt is the fact that I was lactose intolerant for roughly 10 years growing up, til about 2 years ago when I outgrew it. I used to say this ALL the time when I first heard it on the show.... so this shirt is just so fitting!

Thank you guys so much for dinner, cake, presents and just being the best family a girl could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment