January 7, 2012

New Car

Well, this weekend sure has been interesting.... not to mention stressful!

Joey and I had to buy a car to replace my broken down, really REALLY old Pontiac Grand Am. I'm talking really broken down.. and really old. Like crank windows old.

We shopped around online a bit before actually going to the dealerships, which I am glad we did. I was leaning heavily towards a Ford Focus, because we drove a newer one in Orlando on our honeymoon and it was gorgeous. I know Ford doesn't have a great reputation, but I really liked the feel of that car.

I found a really pretty slate grey 2011 Focus that had some bells and whistles that I liked. A sunroof, for one. Man, I really wanted a sunroof. But then, Joey pointed out that it only had 1 cupholder. That sounds like a terrible reason to not want to buy a car, and of course it is a terrible reason, but coming from a car with only one cupholder, believe me it was a PAIN. So goodbye Ford Focus and your one cupholder. Get with the times.

But besides, it wasn't the worst reason I could find for not buying a car. I'm sure I passed over some great deals just because I didn't want a red car. Or white. Or beige. Ha!


We ended up test driving, and ultimately buying, a 2010 Nissan Sentra. It drives beautifully, the interior is amazing and the mileage was surprisingly low.

Now I have power locks, power windows, keyless entry and an iPod adapter built in my car! Perfect for my brand new iPhone 4s baby. I already have my apple sticker on the rear window. Beautiful.

We are super happy with our big adult purchase and even though our wallet is not as happy, we know it was totally worth it. I went outside this morning and saw it sitting in the parking lot and seriously was shocked that it was our car.. I can finally feel proud of the car I drive.

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy the car. Hope it lasts as long as the Lumina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!
    cash for cars Brisbane
    cash for cars Logan

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Ezy Cash for Cars is the Topmost Car Dealer in Brisbane with instant cash for cars offers and we provide all paperwork without any hassle. If you are having damaged Car, then kindly contact us at 0499123100
    Cash for Cars Brisbane
    Cash for Cars Sydney
    Cash for Cars Sunshine Coast
    Cash for Cars Logan
    Cash for Cars Toowoomba
    Cash for Cars Ipswich
    Cash for Cars Caboolture
    Cash for scrap metal brisbane
    Cash for Cars Gold Coast
    second hand car batteries brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little passenger cars ordinarily value significantly less to exercise compared with larger sized passenger cars, relating to power, Little passenger cars ordinarily value significantly less to exercise compared with larger sized passenger cars, relating to power, combination together with consumables. Different passenger cars are likely to be much less expensive that will provider compared with aged passenger cars, together relating to the price every one provider and also reliability utilizing which unfortunately checking is desirable. combination together with consumables. Different passenger cars are likely to be much less expensive that will provider compared with aged passenger cars, together relating to the price every one provider and also reliability utilizing which unfortunately checking is desirable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. However , that won't convey this is a likely revenue saver to shop for a smaller automotive, especially if the alternative Ford 150 truck listings near Wichita could be to maintain the ongoing automotive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enter the thriving UAE market without having to establish an entity thanks to our in-country legal support and comprehensive range of services. No need to establish a legal entity in the UAE because we will employer of record service in Dubai on your behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maintaining a high level of detail is an admirable characteristic of a writer! The accomplishments you've made are commendable. This example illustrates how our company stands out from others because of our attention to detail. You deserve congratulations for your accomplishments. Cash For Cars Melbourne is known for its reliable money transfers despite its reputation for free evaluations and instant cash transfers. A company's mission statement emphasizes the importance of immediate, convenient, and free money transfers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though the author uses straightforward language and a straightforward style, his writing is compelling. As part of our effort to inform the audience about cash for scrap cars, we will discuss how Cash For Cars Gold Coast provides fair prices for scrap cars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The combination of creative and informative elements can result in win-win situations. Professionalism was evident in the presentation. Dealing with Car Removal Canberra means you get free car removal and towing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Woek
    Hassle free cash for cars service Canberra wide cash for cars canberra

    ReplyDelete